Lots happening in town last month, but I haven't noticed too much else. What am I missing?
Inner City Eats
Inner City Eats
- The Crab Shack - Simon Gault's second branch of this eatery brings a "coastal/Cape Cod themed casual dining and drinking experience" to Princess Wharf
- The Lunchroom - office block cafe downtown with a commitment to sustainable and ethical business practices
- Vulcan Lane Bagels - hole in the wall serving bagels with interesting toppings in Vulcan Lane.
- Mi - little shop tucked away in a little alley near the Sky Tower, serving banh mi sandwiches with amazing freshly baked Vietnamese baguettes
- Rica's Tortas at Mexico - Mexican hot sandwiches in Britomart with online ordering available
- [Added 13 February 2015: Hula Hut - beach themed cluster of stalls by the Maritime Museum, with Nachos Beach and Crêpes A Go-Go]
Flavours Further Afield
- The Raw Kitchen - these delicious raw treats are no longer only available online or at markets and the like, with a physical store now in Ponsonby
- IKA Seafood and Grill - "freshest seafood and healthy grilled food with a relaxed Island atmosphere" where Italian restaurant O'Sarracino used to be, in Eden Terrace
- Cerry Kitchen - Masterchef contestant Cerry shares her cooking in Henderson
- Regatta Bar and Eatery - seaside flavours in Takapuna
- [Added 1 May 2015: Mrs Korea BBQ - Korean BBQ restaurant in Newmarket]
- [Added 30 June 2015: Gather Wholefoods Cafe by Northern Arena - at a swimming school in Silverdale]
- [Added 25 August 2016: Soulshine Cafe - cafe in Browns Bay with raw, paleo and gluten free options, and a 70s retro feel]
- [Added 1 October 2016: Babicka's Table - sausage maker and market vendor on Waiheke Island, who can run a corporate sausage making challenge for you]
- Barilla is temporarily closed for 3 weeks, from 19 January to 11 February, while it is getting renovated
- New Flavour has moved into the shop next door
- Gateau House on Queen Street has moved a couple of doors up into the space where the Brooklyn Bar used to be, and now offers seating with their cakes opposite Aotea Square
- Spicy Joint (Chinese) and Golden Tulip (Malaysian) on Dominion Road have made way for Meet Fresh and New Flavour respectively
- Not sure when this happened, but Grano on New North Road is now Delissimo Deli.
- Desi Tadka at the top of Symonds Street is about to turn into a Thai takeaway; Bok Choy nearby is now Love Dumplings