Central City Bites
- Little and Friday has opened a branch in town. Takeaway food is tranferred from their original Belmont kitchen to their tiny brick Durham Lane Tuckshop four times a day.
- Scratch Bakers now has a large commercial kitchen and spacious seating area in their Scratch Bakers HQ on Graham Street.
- Sunflower Cafe is a basic cafe on Wyndham Street, attracting attention for offering free coffee as an opening special to compete with Hollywood Bakery next door.
- The Burbs is a new cafe in the eastern suburb of Farm Cove. First hospitality venture from Saskia Huggard, wife of Mark Huggard behind Dizengoff.
- Ma Cherie is now selling their macarons and pastries, as well as French or Kiwi breakfast options at their shop in Ponsonby.
- Muck Floral and Were Bros is a florist joined with a cafe in Grey Lynn. Food consists of the Were Bros organic sprouted bread with a range of toppings.
- My Little Bakery looks like a great place for pastries and sandwiches in Mount Albert; was previously in Ponsonby.
- [Added 4 June 2015: Cornwall Park Cafe - cafe with a "farm to table" philosphy has finally opened after being burnt down late last year.]
- [Added 10 November 2015: Cafe Macondo - cafe from Anastasis Coffee Roasters in Morningside]
Crepes and Cakes
- Mellow Coffee and Dessert has taken the place of Yogurberry on High Street, serving crepe cake and cold stone ice cream, amongst other sweet treats.
- [Added 15 June 2015: Crepe Zone - Japanese style crepe cafe complete with plastic food models.]
- [Added 2 April 2016: The Candy Apple Wagon - market stall selling next level candy apples, including those coated with pretzels, croutons, marshmallows, M&Ms, and even berries]
- Ramen Takara has opened a new branch in Ponsonby.
- Zap Thai Restaurants has opened Chom Na on Lorne St, serving Thai food in a basement food court-like setting.
- Shoya is a new Japanese restaurant on Upper Queen St, with a range of items on the menu, including ramen, yakisoba, donburi, sushi, tempura and more.
- Bien has a night time stall on High St, selling okonomiyaki and yakisoba.
- [Added 30 June 2015: Farang Cafe - Thai bistro in Kingsland]
- [Added 30 June 2015: Sha Xian Snack 沙县小吃 - Chinese eatery on Dominion Road with Shaxian delicacies.]
- [Added 2 April 2016: ViKi Cafe - Vietnamese Kitchen in Onehunga]
- Gourmet Burger and Brew Kitchen - 26 types of burgers available downtown
- La Pescheria - pizzeria on O'Connell Street
- Epolito's Pizzeria - New York style pizza place reopened in Ponsonby; previously in Onehunga from 2005 to December 2013
- El Humero - Colombian style grilled meat in Takapuna
- Red Earth Eatery and Wine Bar - tapas in Papakura
- Sal's NY Pizza - Manukau branch opened